Looking for larger quantities of quality concrete, delivered when and where you want it?
Ready-mixed concrete, screeds & mortar
Looking for quality concrete, screed or mortar, delivered when and where you want it? We have a nationwide network of around 200 batching plants ready to help, offering a wide range of standard and proprietary mixes, screeds & mortars.
We supply a broad portfolio of mixes, all quality assured and compliant with European standards, including a portfolio of specialist proprietary products for specific applications, listed below.
For customers requiring smaller loads of ready-mixed concrete (typically for DIY, smaller commercial/industrial or agricultural applications), try one of our two specialist mini mix services, 1stMix (East Midlands & East Anglia) or Pro Mini Mix (West Midlands).
Mobile Concrete Solutions (MCS), our joint venture with specialist construction services company TSL, offers turnkey on-site ready-mixed concrete batching services anywhere in the country, specialising in wind farms, hydro-electric projects, power grids and plans and offshore energy - often in extremely remote locations. Click here to find out more
- 1. Do I need to know what material I require?
No, not necessarily. Your builder or building inspector will advise in cases of poor ground conditions otherwise our sales/technical department will be able to suggest suitable concrete for your particular application. Guidance is also available on the web-site (Applications sheet).
- 2. How much concrete will I need?
For quantities required, the material calculator is available for guidance, alternatively our sales/technical department will be able to help.
- 3. What is a Slump?
The slump of the concrete refers to the material's consistency – how wet it is. Consistency is classified from S1 (0-40mm) through to S4 (160-220mm). The higher the value, the easier the material will be to work with.
- 4. How will I get the concrete from the truck?
This is very important. You will need to consider where in relation to the road, the concrete is to be placed. The truck mixers are fitted with chutes which extend 7-8ft from the centre of the truck. If the chutes are of insufficient length, you may need to wheelbarrow the concrete or hire a specialist concrete pump. As a guide, 1m3 of concrete equates to approximately 25 wheelbarrows. When considering man power it’s also worth noting that 1m3 weighs approximately 2.4Tonnes.
- 5. What size are the delivery trucks?
The size of the delivery mixer will depend on a number of factors including the quantity ordered, access to the site and site conditions. Guidance can be given by the sales office.
- 6. How do I lay the concrete?
For guidance on best practice in laying and curing concrete, please consult a member of our sales team. As a general rule, it is advised that concrete is placed within two hours of batching at the plant.
- 7. What will the price include?
The price given will be based on full, delivered loads including VAT. Consideration should be given to extra costs which may be incurred including part-load charges and waiting time where trucks are held on site in excess of 30 minutes.
Ready-mixed concrete delivery method
Ready-mixed concrete is delivered in the following vehicle:
8 Wheeer - Mixer, Gross Weight 32T, Carrying Capacity 20T
- Download ISO 14001 Certificate (Breedon Northern)
- Download ISO 14001 Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download ISO 14001 Certificate (Hope Cement)
- Download ISO 9001 Certificate (Breedon Northern)
- Download ISO 9001 Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download ISO 9001 Certificate (Hope Cement)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Scotland)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Hope Cement)
- Download BSI Kitemark Licence (Hope Cement)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Mortar)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Screed)
- Download OHSAS 18001 Certificate (Hope Cement)
- Download MSDS - Ready-mixed Concrete
- Download MSDS - Ready-mixed Concrete, Mortar and Screeds
- Download MSDS - Ready-mixed Concrete (Hope Cement)
For further information please call one of our sales hotlines:
Argyll & Lochaber 01631 565128
Central Scotland 01698 611016
Cumbria 01290 700777
Fife & Tayside 01337 841989
Hebrides 01851 702482
Highlands 01343 862130
North East England 0191 615 3378
North East Scotland 01330 833361
South West Scotland 01290 700777
Central England (N Derbys, Yorkshire) 01138 293006
Central England (S Derbys, Notts, Leics, Norths) 01332 694000
Humberside 01472 351987
Lancashire 01995 676156
Lincolnshire 01780 482000
Norfolk & Suffolk 0845 4135249
North Wales 01244 447033
North West England 01244 447033
South East England 01245 913063
South West England & South Wales 0117 225 3144
Staffordshire & Shropshire 01952 777910
West Midlands 0121 3763200