Looking for larger quantities of quality concrete, delivered when and where you want it?
Ready-mixed concrete, screeds & mortar
Looking for quality concrete, screed or mortar, delivered when and where you want it? We have a network of around 200 batching plants in the UK and Ireland ready to help, offering a wide range of standard and proprietary products.
We supply a broad portfolio of mixes, all quality-assured and compliant with European standards, including a portfolio of specialist proprietary products for specific applications, listed below.
For more information on our products in Ireland, visit lagan-group.com
For customers requiring smaller loads of ready-mixed concrete (typically for DIY, smaller commercial/industrial or agricultural applications), try one of our three specialist mini mix services, 1stMix (East Midlands & East Anglia), Staffs Concrete or Pro Mini Mix (West Midlands).
Mobile Concrete Solutions (MCS), our joint venture with specialist construction services company TSL, offers turnkey on-site ready-mixed concrete batching services anywhere in the country, specialising in wind farms, hydro-electric projects, power grids & plans and offshore energy - often in extremely remote locations. Click here to find out more
- 1. Do I need to know what material I require?
No, not necessarily. Your builder or building inspector will advise in cases of poor ground conditions otherwise our sales/technical department will be able to suggest suitable concrete for your particular application. Guidance is also available on the web-site (Applications sheet).
- 2. How much concrete will I need?
For quantities required, the material calculator is available for guidance, alternatively our sales/technical department will be able to help.
- 3. What is a Slump?
The slump of the concrete refers to the material's consistency – how wet it is. Consistency is classified from S1 (0-40mm) through to S4 (160-220mm). The higher the value, the easier the material will be to work with.
- 4. How will I get the concrete from the truck?
This is very important. You will need to consider where in relation to the road, the concrete is to be placed. The truck mixers are fitted with chutes which extend 7-8ft from the centre of the truck. If the chutes are of insufficient length, you may need to wheelbarrow the concrete or hire a specialist concrete pump. As a guide, 1m3 of concrete equates to approximately 25 wheelbarrows. When considering man power it’s also worth noting that 1m3 weighs approximately 2.4Tonnes.
- 5. What size are the delivery trucks?
The size of the delivery mixer will depend on a number of factors including the quantity ordered, access to the site and site conditions. Guidance can be given by the sales office.
- 6. How do I lay the concrete?
For guidance on best practice in laying and curing concrete, please consult a member of our sales team. As a general rule, it is advised that concrete is placed within two hours of batching at the plant.
- 7. What will the price include?
The price given will be based on full, delivered loads including VAT. Consideration should be given to extra costs which may be incurred including part-load charges and waiting time where trucks are held on site in excess of 30 minutes.
Ready-mixed concrete delivery method
Ready-mixed concrete is delivered in the following vehicle:
8 Wheeer - Mixer, Gross Weight 32T, Carrying Capacity 20T
- Download ISO 14001 Certificate (Breedon Northern)
- Download ISO 14001 Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download ISO 9001 Certificate (Breedon Northern)
- Download ISO 9001 Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download OHSAS 18001 Certificate (Breedon Northern)
- Download OHSAS 18001 Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate of Entitlement (Breedon Northern)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate of Entitlement (Breedon Southern)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate of Registration (Breedon Southern)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Breedon Southern)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Mortar)
- Download BSI Kitemark Certificate (Screed)
- Download MSDS - Ready-mixed Concrete
- Download MSDS - Ready-mixed Concrete, Mortar and Screeds
- Download Responsible Sourcing of Construction Products (BES 592591) Certificate
For further information please call your local sales office:
Hebrides: 01851 703227
Highlands: 01343 862130
North East Scotland: 01330 833361
Argyll: 01631 565128
Fife & Tayside: 01337 841950
Central Scotland: 01698 611016
South West Scotland & Cumbria: 01290 700700
North East England: 0191 6153378
South Cumbria & Lancashire: 01995 676156
North & West Yorkshire: 01138 293006
North West, Greater Manchester & North Wales: 01942 441286
South Yorkshire & North Derbyshire: 01302 944066
Humber: 01472 351987
Staffordshire, Shropshire & West Midlands: 01952 777910
South Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire & Northamptonshire: 01332 694000
Lincolnshire: 01780 482000
East Anglia: 01603 673949
West Wales: 01554 776035
South Wales: 02920 486036
Powys & Shropshire: 01568 770521
Gloucestershire: 01594 530208
Cotswolds: 01451 850555
South West: 0117 225 3144
South East: 01245 913063